Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Project #13

Collaboration

EDM 310 has opened my eyes to a new world of communicating and technology. I could try to explain how helpful and resourceful this class is, but I don't think it would do it justice. Simply put, I think everyone should have the opportunity to take this class no matter what their major may be.

As we were assigned various time consuming group projects, I became worried that all the individuals in my group would never be all together at the same time. We all have very busy hectic schedules with other classes, work, and some with children. However, we easily pulled it together. Thank You Dr. Strange for opening the doors to communication via all types of technology.

With the help of text messaging, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Email, and Google Docs my group was able to communicate and share ideas and our progress effectively. It was a collaboration of all these tools being used effectively and efficiently that enabled enabled all our projects to come together smoothly.

A specific example was Project #15, a SmartBoard Activity. Fortunately, all group members were present on filming day. After filming, we emailed each other the video edits and made a Google Presentation to start video and activity with. In the end, we were able to successfully create a SmartBoard Activity. After taking EDM 310 and learning about all the technology and communication tools available, I feel that I am literate in the 21st century and would be lost without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment